1. Judas Iscariot was one of the twelve? (Matthew 10:2-4)
2. As one of the twelve, what did he do?
a. (Matthew 10:1)_____________________________________________
b. (John 13:29)_______________________________________________
3. What did Jesus reveal concerning Judas’ character in John 6:70? “Devil” means false accuser?__________________________________________
4. Explain how the devil was working in John 13:2. Has the devil ever suggested things to you?_______________________________________
What did you do with his suggestion? What did Judas do with his suggestion?
5. Did the other disciples suspect Judas? (John 13:21-29)______________
6. Consider what happened in John 13:27.
Judas had the character of a devil – he was a false accuser, a slanderer. This caused him to consider the devils suggestion, and to finally be possessed by Satan.
7. Why did the chief priests and scribes need Judas? (Luke 22:1-6)
8. What did they give Judas? (Matthew 26:14-15)____________________
What was the price of a slave? (Exodus 21:32)________________________
9. With what sign did Judas betray Jesus? (Matthew 26:47-50)__________
10. What significance do you suppose there was in Judas’ repentance? (Matthew 27:3-5)
11. Considering his character (John 6:70), why do you think Jesus chose Judas? Could it be that even as God had a purpose in raising up Pharaoh (Romans 9:17), He had a similar purpose in raising up Judas. They were “vessels of wrath” already “prepared for destruction”, as in Romans 9:22-23? They had already sinned away their day of grace, and were then simply being used by God to bring about His purpose?________________________
Memory Work: Romans 9:17 – For the scripture says to the Pharaoh, “for this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show my power in you, and that my name may be declared in all the earth.”