Resurrection – a standing up again, as a rising from the dead
Death – an absence of life
1. What type of resurrection is Jesus speaking of in John 5:25?
What brings this type of death? (Isaiah 59:2, Ephesians 2:1, Colossians 2:13)
What brings this type life? (John 5:25, Ephesians 2:5)
2. What type of resurrections is Jesus speaking of in John 5:28-29?
How many resurrections does Jesus speak of here?
How does he describe each and who will be resurrected in each?
3. Which resurrection does Revelation 20:4-6 speak of?
4. Which resurrection does Revelation 20:11-15 speak of?
5. In Revelation 20:13-14, 21:8, what is the “second death?
6. Considering I Corinthians 15:51-54 & I Thessalonians 4:14-17, what will happen at the resurrection of the just?
7. Having read Job 19:25-27, did Job’s hope differ greatly from ours?
8. Explain John 11:25-26.
Memory Work: John 11:25-26 – Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he who believes in Me, though he may die, yet shall he live: and whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?